10 Books I Wanted to Read This October But Didn’t
(aka 10 books I hope to review next Scaretober)
1. The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender – I have been #1 on the waiting list for this book since the first day the first library in the system received the book. There are now SIX copies in the system and none of the libraries will send it to me because some libraries have this “local request only” thing with new releases. That’s somewhat understandable, but frustrating as hell. Two copies are checked out. The other four are sitting ignored on the shelves in their home libraries waiting for some local person to decide they want it. It hasn’t happened in a month so SEND ME THE BOOK.
2. Nightfall by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski – Some of the same libraries that do “local request only” have Nightfall too. There are four people ahead of me for this one. I think it’s going to be a long wait.
My library system doesn’t have a single copy of these books. I keep hoping they will get some of them, but if not, eventually I’ll break down and buy them.
3. Diary of a Haunting by M. Verano – I want this one so badly that at one point I was checking the library’s catalog daily. With my luck, if they ever get it, it will shift right into the waitlisted category.
4. Mary: Unleashed by Hillary Monahan – I read the first book in this series (Mary: The Summoning) last year. I really wanted to review it this October, but the library just won’t cooperate. There are eight copies of The Summoning, so I keep hoping they will order this one too.
5. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff – This one has been out for five years already, so there’s not much chance of the library getting it now.
I just didn’t get around to reading these books.
6. Envy – I actually had this one on my list to definitely read this year, but my requests for The Dead House, Blood and Salt, and Catacomb all came through at the library and I had to read those in time to return them.
7. The Harder the Fall (Girl Meets Ghost #2) by Lauren Barnholdt – I even bought this one! But then I didn’t review the first one in the series so I didn’t read it yet. I think I’m going to have to check out Girl Meets Ghost again so I can write that review.
9. The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco – This is a holdover from last year that I didn’t get to then either. Now the second book is out, so maybe with some planning I can get to them both next year.
10. Ghostlight by Sonia Gensler – I have this one on my reminder list at the library but I haven’t put in a request yet because I didn’t need any more middle grade books for the month. With Ghost of a Chance, the Girl Meets Ghost series by Lauren Barnholdt, and Accidentally Evil, it looks like I already have next year’s middle grade books picked out.