This will be my third (I think) time participating in Clean Out Your E-Reader (COYER), hosted by Fantasy is More Fun and Because Reading. This winter version runs from December 20, 2014 to March 6, 2015. (Can you belive it’s almost 2015 already?)
This time around it’s ebooks and audiobooks only, and they must be free or almost free (up to $3 for ebooks and $16 for audiobooks). This includes ARCs from Netgalley, Edelweiss, authors, and publishers.
01. Read and review an average of one COYER ebook a week. This way I’ll still have time to work in paperbacks and not-so-cheap books, along with books for other challenges that might pop up during that time that might not qualify for COYER.
02. In addition to the ten ebooks above, I want to listen to at least one audiobook during COYER. Audiobooks take me a long time to listen to, especially because I’m really into podcasts right now instead, but The Walking Dead will be on hiatus for part of COYER (I listen to four weekly TWD podcasts!) and my other TV shows won’t have started yet, so I won’t have quite as many distractions.
03. Read-a-thons are held mostly on weekends, which doesn’t really work for me because I work weekends. I usually don’t get more than one day off in a row so I can’t really make my own weekend near the actual dates either. But the Scavenger Hunt Read-a-thon runs from January 25 to February 8, so I might be able to participate in that one.
04. Participate in at least one mini-challenge. Maybe more, depending on what they are.
05. I don’t do Facebook and the Twitter parties are on weekends (and my birthday!) so I won’t be participating in social media activities, but I do plan to try to use #COYER more often on Twitter. At the very least I can include it in my review tweets.
01. Camp Boyfriend by JK Rock (purchased)
02. Something Wiki by Suzanne Sutherland (Netgalley)
03. 25 Roses by Stephanie Faris (Edelweiss)
04. The Lake by AnnaLisa Grant (free on Amazon)
05. One of the Guys by Lisa Aldin (Netgalley)
06. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (purchased) – review to be posted in February
07. I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios (Netgalley)
08. All the Answers by Kate Messner (Netgalley)
09. The Truth About Twinkie Pie by Kat Yeh (Hachette Audio)
10. The Bargaining by Carly Anne West (Netgalley)