Books Gifts I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing Me
01. For Cardinal Fans Only! A Lotta People Are Cubs Fans Cause They Can’t Afford World Series Tickets – Ratings on Goodreads (what few there are — and there are no reviews) aren’t very good, but I’d still like to read it.
02. The Most Beautiful Libraries in the World – This looks like a great coffee table book (do people even do that anymore) but I can’t see myself spending $54 on any book no matter how beautiful the pictures are.
03. Nail polish – I love nail polish but I have so much that I haven’t bought any in a long time. From the China Glaze Happy HoliGlaze collection I want So Blue Without You, Be Merry Be Bright, and All Wrapped Up. I also love Essie polishes like After School Boy Blazer (pictured above).
04. Amazon.com gift cards – I buy most of the books I want, so there’s really none that I’m dying to have right now. That’s why this list is rather light on the books. I would save my gift cards for new books coming out in 2014.
05. The Boxcar Children Beginning: The Aldens of Fair Meadow Farm – I collect the books I read and loved as a child, and many of them are vintage series books. The Boxcar Children were an early favorite series. This prequel was published in 2012 but I just found out about its existence this month.
06. 50 Years at Gombe – I could never live the life she’s lived, but I love watching shows and reading about Jane Goodall and her studies about chimpanzees.
07. Running shoes – Good running shoes are over $100 a pair and I wear them out after three or four months, so I always need new shoes. I hate spending so much on shoes, but the wrong shoes can lead to injury and the medical bills and lost income (I’m on my feet all the time) would add up to a lot more. Right now I’m wearing the GEL-Cumulus shoes by Asics.
08. Boots – We’ve already had snow twice this year so I’ve decided I need some new winter boots. I haven’t bought a new pair in years. The old ones are all worn out and I keep getting the frayed lining stuck in the zipper and then I can’t get my foot out without a great deal of patience.
(Mexican food photo by jeinny.)
09. Grow bags – I’m hoping to expand my garden this years, and I’m going to need more containers. I almost bought some grow bags like these last year but found something else instead. These are for garlic but they have different sizes for other vegetables.
10. Restaurant gift cards – I work in a restaurant so I get enough of that at work and we don’t eat out much unless I bring something home. Our favorite local Mexican takeout restaurant has gift cards now and we haven’t been there in a few months, so I’d really like to go there soon.