Well, here we are at the end of Bout of Books 8.0. I had a great time. I’ve been afraid of read-a-thons because I’ve seen people’s progress reports and some of them are reading 1-2 books a day. Working full-time, with a commute of over an hour a day round-trip, and being unable to just sit and readreadread when I am home (due to my short attention span), I just can’t do that so I felt like only a few books would be lame. But it wasn’t. I’m looking forward to participating in more read-a-thons in the future!
So the final tally is 4 books, just like I planned.
01. Witchstruck by Victoria Lamb (August 19)
02. Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor (August 21)
03. Best Friends Forever by Emily Chase (August 24-25)
04. Countdown by Michelle Rowan (August 23-25)
Other reading activity that I technically didn’t count for Bout of Books:
- Audiobook: I listened to Dream Dark by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
- Audiobook: I listened to part of The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
- I finished my “breakfast book” on Thursday. I’m super slow at reading my breakfast books. I started Henrietta Snow by Ruth Doan MacDougall on July 21 and finished on August 22. See what I mean about slow? But I only read my breakfast books while I’m eating breakfast and it’s almost 500 pages, so I think I did pretty well. I eat breakfast alone while my husband is still in the shower or asleep, so I like to have a book to read. It’s my me-time. I wish I had kept track of how many pages I read this past week, but I really have no idea.
- I started a new breakfast book, On a Whim by Robin Jones Gunn, on Friday and read 30 pages.